12 January, 2007

FPO Summary

I left Texas Oct. 24 for the Field Personnel Orientation (FPO) in Rockville, Virginia. While there, I met hundreds of great people, learned new methods of evangelism and discipleship, and gained a new perspective on the goals and functions of the IMB. Every week, we met in small groups of about 10 (not including children) for worship on Sunday mornings and during the week as well.





You can see pictures of the families in my small group on my pictures page. Most days we had five or six hours of lecture style sessions, including some Saturdays. It took a lot of coffee, but I made it through. Subjects ranged from Church Planting Movements, medical and legal advice, spiritual warfare (Jerry Rankin), and the Persecuted Church (Ken Perkins).

Overall, I had a great time and learned a lot. The orientation wrapped up with a commissioning ceremony Dec. 13.

No comments: